Policy on Protection of Personal Information
SunFlare Co., Ltd. handles a wide range of personal information, including the following: our clients’ personal information; personal information on our external resources; and personal information on SunFlare Academy students.
SunFlare Co., Ltd. ensures the following: that all officers and employees that work for and at the Company are fully aware of the rules for personal information protection; that they handle personal information in an appropriate manner in accordance with the fundamental policy below; and that they fulfil what is expected of our Company based on its reputation.
- The Company will comply with Japan’s Act on the Protection of Personal Information and other related laws, ordinances and standards so as to ensure the implementation and maintenance of a management system for the protection of personal information and will strive to improve such system on an ongoing basis.
- The Company will acquire appropriate personal information giving due consideration to the details and scale of each translation/documentation project and shall ensure that such information is provided only to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose for which such personal information is to be used, and will implement the necessary measures so that information is not used for other purposes.
- The Company will appoint a person responsible for personal information management in each division/department handling personal information, establish a system to appropriately manage such information, and strive to ensure that the Company’s officers and employees are thoroughly familiar and comply with the Company’s regulations.
- The Company will handle personal information within the specified purpose of the use thereof. In addition, the Company will not disclose or provide personal information to any third parties unless the relevant individual has given consent thereto or there is any due cause for such disclosure or provision.
- The Company will keep personal information accurate and up to date, will strive to protect personal information from hacking, data breaches, loss or destruction, etc. and will improve and correct its information security on an ongoing basis.
- The Company will respond to inquiries (including complaints and consultations) and requests disclosure from customers and other parties with respect to personal information promptly and in good faith.
Representative Director and President
SunFlare Co., Ltd.
First established: October 1, 2013 Revised: August 10, 2016
Handling of Personal Information at SunFlare
Purpose of Use
SunFlare Co., Ltd. uses personal information to the extent necessary to achieve the following tasks and utilization purposes as listed below. Furthermore, excluding cases in which doing so is necessary to protect life and/or property pursuant to laws and regulations, the Company shall not use personal information for purposes other than those that for which notification has been given in advance and consent thereto obtained.
Tasks at the Company
- Translation, interpreting, editing
- In addition, tasks relating to those in the previous item (editing, printing)
- Dispatch work relating to translation and interpreting
- Development and training of translators and others
Utilization Purposes of Personal Information
- For the execution of tasks by the Company (for the handling of requested processing such as the translation of personal information included in source documents and the creation of deliverables)
- For the selection and notification of decisions made when recruiting for and hiring translators, interpreters, editors and employees)
- For the employment management of employees and the registration management of translators, interpreters, editors
- For the provision of educational services and the distribution of translation-related information
Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
Apart from the joint use of personal information by the below SunFlare group companies, we do not provide or disclose collected personal information to third parties without the consent of the individual(s) concerned; provided, however, that the above does not apply in the following cases:
- Where disclosure or provision is required pursuant to laws and regulations;
- Where doing so is necessary to protect life, limb and/or property pursuant to laws and regulations and where obtaining the content of the individual(s) concerned is difficult;
Joint Use of Personal Information by Group Companies
On occasion, collected personal information is jointly used by the following group companies
Scope of joint use
Information (names, contact details and resume) on project managers, translators, interpreters, DTP operators, etc. recruited on the SunFlare homepage.
Utilization purpose of jointly used personal information
All guidance, notification and management tasks relating to translation, interpreting and DTP tasks
Indication of Administrators with Regard to Joint Use of Personal Information
The administration of the joint use of received personal information is carried out by SunFlare Co., Ltd.
Outsourcing of Processing of Personal Information
The processing of personal information will on occasion be outsourced to ANDROMETEC Co., Ltd. or another appropriate third party processor.
Procedures for Disclosure, Correction, etc. of Personal Information
SunFlare Co., Ltd. responds to requests for the following in relation to personal information: disclosure; notification of utilization purpose; correction of personal information when it is factually incorrect; cessation of use of personal information or of its provision to third parties (the above are hereinafter collectively referred to as “Disclosure, etc.”) Please refer to Request Procedures for the Disclosure, etc. of Personal Information for the specifics of making a request for “Disclosure, etc.”
Contact Information for Inquiries, Consultations and Complaints
Personal Information Protection Administrator (Operating Officer), Administration Division
SunFlare Co., Ltd.
Shinjuku Hirose Bldg., 4-7 Yotsuya, Shinjuku-ku, Tokyo 160-0004, Japan
Tel： +81-3-3355-1173/ Fax： +81-3-3355-1204
Open for inquiries: Monday to Friday 09:30 to 18:30 (excluding public holidays)
About Accredited Personal Information Protection Organization
The Company is a company subject to JIPDEC, an accredited personal information protection organization. If you have a complaint or wish to make a consultation in relation to personal information handled by us, you may directly address it to JIPDEC using the contact information below.
Contact: Personal Information Protection Consultation Service Office
Address: Roppongi First Building, 1-9-9 Roppongi, Minato-ku, Tokyo 106-0032, Japan
Tel: +81-3-5860-7565 / 0120-700-779 (domestic toll-free calls)